Keeping Your Cool in Litigation: An APSA Member Benefit
by Sherri L. Renner, J.D. | March 16, 2021 | Updated November 16, 2021
“That the birds of worry and care fly over your head, this you cannot change; but that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.”
An almost universal topic in coaching conferences and our APSA Q&As is the psychological stress inherent in the adversarial litigation environment. This stress readily interferes with the ability to tackle and complete the necessary tasks at all stages of litigation.
So common is this challenge that we partnered with Sandra Brown, MA, of the Institute for Relational Harm Reduction and Public Pathology Education, to create Keeping Your Cool in Litigation.
In this APSA members-only group, we focus on offering information and a supportive online community to help you not only manage the stress before it becomes destructive, but also to learn how to channel and use it to your advantage.
If you have you ever:
- felt dread when a new lawsuit-related email dinged your inbox,
- experienced anxiety so intense you could not focus on writing a motion,
- felt so overwhelmed that you gave up trying to organize your evidence,
- avoided all litigation tasks regardless of deadlines,
- been the target of legal abuse,
… then you are among those for whom we created Keeping Your Cool in Litigation.
Here are the highlights:
- Sandra will be moderating the discussions in a social-media-like forum.
- Articles by Sandra and other helpful resources will be posted in the accompanying “course.”
- The group is open only to APSA members.
APSA members, here’s how to join:
- Login to the member site.
- Click/tap “Groups” in the menu at the top of the page, select Keeping Your Cool in Litigation, and join the group.
- Then click/tap “Courses” in the menu at the top of the page.
- Select Keeping Your Cool in Litigation.
- Register for the course (you then will have access to the materials).
If you’re not yet an APSA member:
If you have questions about Keeping Your Cool or about Association membership, please contact Sherri.
We’re looking forward to working with you and supporting you in your litigation experience.
Copyright © by Sherri L. Renner, J.D. | All rights reserved
About the Author
Sherri Renner, J.D., is the founder of LawYou America. She fully dedicates her education and years of litigation experience to helping the self-represented.
For information about litigation coaching services or the Association for Pro Se Advancement, please contact Sherri at email@example.com.