This policy explains the information we collect from you, how we use that information, and our legal basis for doing so. It also covers whether and how that information may be shared and your rights and choices regarding the information you provide to us. Please read it carefully before using our services or submitting any information to us. If you do not agree to any part of this policy, then you are prohibited from using our services.
Information We Receive and Collect
In order for you to purchase materials, obtain services, or create a membership account on LawYou, we need to collect and process certain information. You may decline to provide us with your information, but this will limit your ability to register for or use our services. That information may include:
- Information you provide when you subscribe to our site or register for membership, such as your name, email, state of residence, login, and password details.
- Details of any requests or transactions you make through the services. LawYou partners with other companies (such as PayPal) for payment processing, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. LawYou does not store your payment information.
- Information about your activity on and interaction with LawYou.
- Information about the ways people visit and interact with our website, in the form of traffic analytics.
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
- Information that you submit on or to LawYou, such as contributions to discussions in forums.
How We Use This Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure and protect our services (including to verify the identities of users and prevent fraud and abuse).
- To enable us to provide you with our services, and to improve and promote our services.
- To create and administer your account, and contact you.
- To track and analyze use of the services so that we can improve LawYou.
How We Share Your Public Information
When you create an account, we create a basic profile page for you on LawYou, containing your username and other information. To deter and ameliorate the effects of cyberstalking by opposing parties, your profile is private. Only your username appears with the comments you post in forums.
We Do Not Share Your Non-Public Information
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Any payment information you provide;
- Your password details;
- Your IP address;
- Your email address;
- Your state of residence;
- The state where your case is pending;
- Your date of birth and other identity verification documentation;
- Any other private profile information; and
- Certain communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
Information We Share with Third-Party Services
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide products and services (like when we partner with payment processors).
We may also share information that’s aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify you.
Information We Share to Protect LawYou and Comply with the Law
We reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect LawYou’s legal rights, property, or the safety of LawYou, its owners, users, or others.
Links to Other Websites and Services
We will retain your information as long as your account is active so that we can continue providing you with our services. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the other purposes set out in this policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, and to protect our legal rights.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized, or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our website, improve our services, or comply with legal obligations.
You can request a downloadable copy of your personal data from LawYou from your account settings page. To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please log in and update your profile. You may also delete your account from your account settings page. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
LawYou takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect user personal information from unauthorized access, and to help ensure the appropriate use of user personal information.
No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, so LawYou cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your account information is protected by a password, which you should choose carefully and keep secure.
We welcome you to contact us with any concerns or questions by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us at 352.519.1430.