On This Page
APSA Membership Benefits
FAQs re: Membership
“All Access” includes:
- All members-only topic groups (i.e., appeals, evidence, civil procedure, family, bankruptcy, etc.)
- Members-only state-focused groups
- Weekly workshops via Zoom
- Discounted premium self-study courses
- Membership fees are auto-billed monthly.
- You can cancel your membership at any time. If you have issues with cancellation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The rate you pay when you join remains the same as long as you maintain your membership without interruption after any increase.
Our official policy is that we cannot offer refunds. Our product is time + information + expertise, which are things that cannot be tried on, returned, and then resold.
That being said, we understand that mistakes can be made and that circumstances can change. If you are in true need of a refund, please use the contact form below to let us know.
FAQs re: Privacy
- …that litigation is not a solitary endeavor. There are the judge, the other court personnel, and the opposing party, attorney, and their allies.
- …that parties and attorneys routinely use internet resources to discover information about other parties and attorneys.
- …that many of the people we help through LawYou are survivors of domestic violence or intimate partner abuse and are vulnerable to stalking and harassment.
- …that your privacy and the confidentiality of your identity are of the utmost importance. To protect you and to prevent misuses of LawYou by cyberstalkers and others, we have established certain policies and procedures.
- No part of your member profile is visible to the general public.
- The only part of your member profile that is visible to other members is your nickname. To protect your privacy, you must create a nickname that does not identify you. That means you should avoid using:
- real names or initials
- children’s names or initials
- pets’ names
- significant dates, such as birthdays
- references to occupations or hobbies
- You do not have to use your webcam to participate.
- You do not have to use your voice because you may comment using your keyboard with the chat function.
- You do not have to use your real name.
- We do not record these workshops and prohibit others from recording them, as well.
- Somewhat. Connection among members is an important part of the LawYou model. But…
- Communications are limited to the moderated forums. There is no private messaging and your contact information is not available to other members.
- No group or forum is visible to the general public, so nothing that you post in them will be accessible to nonmembers.
- Similar to the guidelines for creating nicknames, in your forum posts, comments, document uploads, etc., we ask that you take care to not divulge personal details that could be used to identify you.
- You can change your nickname whenever you want.
The membership fee:
- …makes it possible for us decline to open this website to general advertisers.
- …makes it possible for us to refuse to put you on a list that could be sold to other businesses.
- …acts as a “speed bump” in front of those who seek to stalk and harass.
Only $12 per month.
Your rate will never increase as long as you remain a member in good standing.
More questions before joining? Let us know.