More to Come!
We’re working on additional discount programs. And we have a few more game-changing ideas on the drawing board!
FAQs re: Membership
“All Access” includes:
- Access to all members-only subject matter pages (i.e., evidence, civil procedure, family, bankruptcy, etc.)
- Access to members-only content on state resource pages
- Access to weekly Q&A conferences
- Discounted 1:1 coaching
- Discounted premium self-study courses
- Benefits offered by outside companies
We will be introducing new membership packages, add-ons, and benefits as membership and our bargaining power grow.
- Membership fees are billed monthly.
- We use PayPal to process payments, but you do not need a PayPal account to pay for your membership.
- You can cancel your membership at any time.
- Our introductory rate of $10 per month will be ending. But as long as you join (or rejoin) before it increases and maintain your membership without interruption after it increases, your rate will never increase. That is our commitment to you and our gift of gratitude for your support while we’re still working out the bugs.
Our official policy is that we cannot offer refunds. Our product is time + information + expertise, which are things that cannot be “tried on,” returned, and then resold.
That being said, we understand that mistakes can be made and that circumstances can change. If you are in true need of a refund, please use the contact form below to let us know.
FAQs re: Privacy
- …that litigation is not a solitary endeavor. There are the judge, the other court personnel, and the opposing party, attorney, and their allies.
- …that parties and attorneys routinely use internet resources to discover information about other parties and attorneys.
- …that many of the people we help through LawYou are survivors of domestic violence or intimate partner abuse and are vulnerable to stalking and harassment.
- …that your privacy and the confidentiality of your identity are of the utmost importance. To protect you and to prevent misuses of LawYou by cyberstalkers and others, we have established certain policies and procedures.
- No part of your member profile is visible to the general public.
- The only part of your member profile that is visible to other members is your username. To protect your privacy, you must create a username that does not identify you. That means you should avoid using:
- real names, nicknames, or initials
- children’s names, nicknames, or initials
- pet’s names
- significant dates, such as birthdays
- references to occupations or hobbies
- We use Zoom meetings for our weekly Q&A conferences.
- You do not have to use your webcam to participate.
- You do not have to use your voice because you may use your keyboard with the chat function.
- We use the Zoom feature that “hides” you from other participants if your webcam is off or if you call in with your phone.
- We do not record these conferences.
- No. Although we have created forums so that members may connect with one another, we have not created a social-network type of platform.
- Communications are limited to the moderated forums. There is no private messaging and your contact information is not available to other members.
- No forum is visible to the general public, so nothing that you post in them will be accessible to nonmembers.
- Similar to the guidelines for creating usernames, in your forum posts and comments we ask that you take care to not divulge personal details that could be used to identify you.
The membership fee:
- …makes it possible for us decline to open this website to general advertisers.
- …makes it possible for us to refuse to put you on a list that we sell to other businesses.
- …acts as a “speed bump” in front of those who seek to stalk and harass.
Join now at our Special Introductory Rate of $10 per month. Your rate will never increase as long as you remain a member in good standing.